Sunday, March 9, 2014

Fun Week and Weekend

It's been a busy week that started with an ice day on Monday (with the whole family home) and ended with a fire in the fireplace with just my honey and me.

You'll have to excuse the lack of picture quality.  Most of the time, pictures are taken with the camera on my iPhone.  It's just the most handy way to take pictures!


I know this is not a LOT of ice, but for us (Texans), it's enough to have an ice day!


Thursday, I took lunch to the kids at school.  This was a big deal because it was the first time I have been able to have lunch with them since I was teaching.





Friday was the student ministries' hoe down at church.  Karis took Flat Stanley with her (a school project), and they got to go up on stage with the band!  We had yummy bar-b-que, judged a pie eating contest, and danced a bit to the music.  It was a fun night, and everyone was exhausted by the end!


Saturday, I took the kids to meet my dad half-way in Hico, TX.  They are staying there until Wednesday! Robert and I enjoyed a date night in by the fire!  We tasted some new cheeses, ate large sour dough pretzels with new, different mustards.  We ended the night by listening to A Great Big World album that I bought yesterday.  It was a fun, relaxing night.  We are starting to plan "date nights in" weekly from now on!  It's a great way to spend time together without spending a lot of money, and it can be done even with kids at home (asleep of course)!  I highly suggest it for anyone that can't get out of the house for date nights!  I got the pretzel and mustards idea from this awesome blog post: 70 At Home Date Night Ideas on the Cheap.

It is currently 5:10am (but really 4:10am), and I've been awake for over an hour.  We have church today, but it looks like after that I will be taking a nap :-).  I have this issue with waking up SUPER early, and I wonder if I'm ever going to sleep normal, regularly, again!  Maybe this is my new normal.  Who knows!  I'll make it somehow! 

Until next time!

No comments: