Saturday, March 1, 2014

"I will be with you"


Yesterday, I shared my Breaking Free blog post on Facebook and a friend shared these verses: "But Moses said to God, 'Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?; He said, 'But I will be with you, and this shall be the sign for you, that I have sent you: when you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall serve God on this mountain.'" Exodus 3:11-12

She reminded me that in the search of her identity, she read this... Moses said "Who am I?" and God responded with "I will be with you."  That's all that matters.  Our identity is in the fact that God is with us.  Period.  I AM.  Is with me.  There is no reason to put words to our identity other than that.

This morning Robert shared these verses:
By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him; for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything.
1 John 3:19-20

Our hearts condemn us so often... and God reminded me that He is greater than my heart. He knows what's best for me, and He will follow that through to completion.

The answer is God.  Period.  He promises to always be there... in our weakness... to show His strength and power.  He is the creator of the universe; He can handle my pain and anxiety.  He knows who I am: I am a child of the creator.  That's where my identity lies.  That is where my anxiety and depression lie.  He was and is and is to come.  He is the alpha and omega.

When my heart condemns me, I need to remember how much I am loved by this creator.  My creator.  I am loved with an agape love that cannot be put into words. 

I have shared this video before, but I thought I'd share it again.  The words "I AM holding onto you.  I AM holding onto you.  In the middle of the storm, I AM holding on.  I AM" keep going through my head.  Amazing lyrics. Simple and strong.


No comments: