- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup coconut oil or butter
- 6 tablespoons cold water
2. Add salt and water
3. Mix until dough is formed
4. Roll out on flat surface
5. Bake at 375 degrees until brown
I bake the bottom part of the crust for about 15 minutes first, then add filling and follow directions from there.
The filling: (I will do my best to give exact amounts; I just throw it together!)
- 3 small red potatoes (or any kind of potato that you like)
- 1 tablespoon butter and a drizzle of olive oil (enough to saute potatoes, onions, and garlic)
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 8 oz organic frozen mixed veggies (next time I will probably use a small amt. of steamed fresh green beans, carrots, and corn)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (next time I will make this homemade using this recipe- http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/2008/05/freezer-meals-chicken-divan.html- go all the way to the bottom to find the cream of mushroom soup sub.)
- 1 1/2 cups cubed turkey (we still had some frozen from Christmas!); you can also use chicken if you'd like!
2. 8 oz of mixed veggies- cook in microwave or on stove top using a bit of water (1/4 cupish) :); drain water
3. Add veggies, turkey, and creamed soup; mix well
4. Simmer for about 5 minutes (stir occasionally)
5. Add to bottom pie crust, place other pie crust on top, cut a slit in top, and cook for 30 minutes or lightly browned.