Monday, January 28, 2008

Peace that surpasses all understanding...

It's amazing how much peace you have when you wait and actually allow God to orchestrate everything. I have had such a hard time doing that in the past... when things didn't happen exactly the way that I wanted, in the time that I wanted, I would just take it into my own hands. I always felt anxious and uneasy because I knew deep down that I wasn't allowing God to do what was best for us. Now, anxiety is part of who I am so it comes no matter what, but I have so much peace right now. It's hard to put it into words. I guess that's what Paul was talking about in Philippians when he said, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, present your requests to God. And the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." I'm finally starting to get this! For those of you who are struggling and don't know what direction to go... or if you have an idea of the direction but know nothing about the details... pray and wait! God will show you when it's time!

No comments: