Monday, July 18, 2011

Take Every Thought Captive

I wrote this in my journal this past week and thought I would share. It's a good, constant reminder for me (as I will always struggle in this area).

Regardless of anything that is going on, there are only 2 things I can control: 1) attitude and 2) effort.

Take every thought captive.

I know in my life, I have a long way to go.

I allow my mind to wander, wish that things were different, and desire for circumstances to change... and because of that, my attitude becomes poor and my effort dies down.

God's plan isn't about me... it's not about my comfort, my desires, what I think should happen... but about bringing glory to Himself, period. I may not understand, I may not enjoy or agree, and things may be hard... but ultimately it doesn't matter.

No comments: