Tuesday, November 6, 2007

God is the Orchestrator of Circumstances

It's funny that when I think things are so perfect... imperfections show their ugly face quickly, and life is thrown more kinks. I guess I need to just get used to that! Life is full of imperfection, and change...
Robert's job is so "iffy" right now (I can't go into details), even though I like my job, I have to take the week of Thanksgiving off, and 3 1/2 weeks for Christmas, which means a small paycheck. Then, I only have one full month of a paycheck, and my job ends on March 7th.
So... I don't know where we're headed right now. Please be praying for us, yet again. We have another option, but I'm not sure about it right now. We're just praying. When will we ever just settle into one place in life? Things have been up in the air for the past year...

The funny thing is, I don't know that I'm as frustrated about things changing, or about how silly we look to be making so many changes in such a small amount of time... that it probably seems like we're trying to find some kind of "perfect life" that we're not going to find. The thing is, we know that nothing is perfect... if we've learned anything over the course of the past year, it's that the grass is NOT greener on the other side... but we just want to feel like we belong. We want to do something that we know we were created to do. If we knew that we were doing what we were created to do, we would have more perseverance to get through the hard times because those will never go away.

I was reminded when I read "My Utmost for His Highest" this morning, that God is the orchestrator of all circumstances (he does things and allows things to happen for a reason)... so I can rest in that.

No comments: