Sunday, November 4, 2007

I don't know if this makes sense...

It's interesting that when things start to go well, it's so easy to start relying on yourself and not on Jesus. You would think it would be the other way around. But, its in the times when life seems out of control that you have to hold on hard to Jesus. In those times, your identity is drenched in Him. I spent the afternoon today at Mochas and Javas just praying and seeking God. It was refreshing. I need Him in the good times and bad. I need Him when life is falling apart and when everything is going as desired. Just a few days away from Him creates a huge space. Because of that huge space, Satan can put a lie into my mind that I don't need God... look how well things are going. But, it's not about the circumstances. That's what God has been teaching me. I could feel that space, and it was making me look at things in a more wordly view.
Thank you Jesus, for putting me in my place. This life isn't about me, it's about you, no matter how good or bad things are. I wouldn't be who or where I am today without you.

No comments: