Thursday, May 22, 2008

4 more weeks...

I had an appointment with my midwife on Tuesday, and it went really well. We have been meeting in San Marcos at my grandma's because I hadn't been able to pay my midwife much. I didn't want her to have to spend anything on me (gas, etc) since I hadn't been able to pay her much. Well, this week, she came to me! It is so much better because the appointments are less rushed and it was just her and I (would have been better if Robert was there!). We talked for a long time about everything that has been going on in life, and just had great conversation. We talked about all the preparation (there's more with a homebirth!) and then she checked me. I won't go into details, but there are some signs that show that my body is slowly getting ready for labor. She said with-in the next week or so she would do the delivery here if I were to go into labor. But, I'm not due for about 4 weeks, so that probably won't happen. It seems SO close, but still so far away! She is pretty convinced that it will happen a little bit early, but I'm not planning on it just in case. I don't want to plan on an early delivery, then he not show up until 41-42 weeks! That would be hard. Karis came 5 days early, which was perfect.

Anyway, we just need a few more things before we are ready. There are a few things that I would like to have before he's born, but we can make due if we need to. I have been blessed through a couple of baby showers that have provided a lot of practical necessities! Also, my sister-in-law's sister gave us a $100 gift certificate to a cloth diapering website so we can get some cloth diapers! They are temporarily out of the ones that we want, but they said they should have more soon! I'm excited. The diapers are so cool, and I've read through reviews and on some social websites (cafemom, mothering magazine, etc) that they are just as easy as using disposables, you just have to wash them (which means saving a LOT of money over time!). We are doing everything we can to cut monthly costs. Plus, cloth diapers are so much better for the baby and the environment. So, other than the extra work of washing them, they are better than disposables. Too bad I didn't start using them on Karis! I wish now that I would have. But, she's going to be out of diapers soon (hopefully!), so I won't worry about it now!

I am starting to get really tired and have less and less energy. I'm not sleeping well at night, so if I have a chance, I try to take advantage of Karis' naps and take one myself, but I haven't been able to lately. I have had a really busy week this past week. Hopefully today I can relax some, but I brought some work home with me that will take me a while. It'll be easy, just time consuming.

Well... I guess I'll stop babbling for now! I'll let you know how my next appointment goes!

No comments: