Thursday, May 8, 2008

Another update... same 'ol same 'ol :)

I feel like everytime I blog, it's pretty repetitive! Sorry :). Things haven't changed a lot in the past few months, but they've changed a lot at the same time. If that makes any sense...
I feel like all that I'm doing right now is gearing up for the birth of our second baby. He's now due in about 6 weeks... it seems forever away in some ways, but seems so close in others.
He moves CONSTANTLY. I don't know if it's because he's a boy or what, but wow. It can get pretty painful and irritating. I've read that at this point of pregnancy, the baby is sleeping about 90-95% of the time... definitely not this one. He probably sleeps 20-30% of the time, which makes me worried how he's going to sleep on the outside! I guess it's good that I never have to worry about if he's okay. On top of that, my belly is huge. I feel like I could pop anyday, and I still have a while to go... and the last month or so is when you grow the most. Of course, it's all up front, so that's good. I've only gained 12 pounds, and by now most women have gained 20-25 pounds. In fact, that's where they want you to be. But, my midwife says as long as the baby is growing, that's all that matters! And, he's definitely growing.
Karis is growing up every day. Her hair is now getting long enough that I can put it in pony tails :). It's so cute. She is starting to talk like crazy. She has started saying 6 word sentences :). "I don't want to take nap!" is one that we hear a lot. I can't believe how much she is talking. She regularly counts to 14 (Sesame street is great!), and she knows a lot of letters. It's amazing :). I know, I know... I shouldn't brag. But, she is my daughter and of course I'm going to think she's brilliant. We all think that about our kids! She hates being messy- I think I wipe her hands 10 times everytime she eats. She also likes to clean. She's definitely my daughter. I love her so much and am so blessed. She's a pretty easy 2 year old! (so far!)
I'm so looking forward to Ethan coming into this world because I know that Karis is going to be a great big sister. She already seems to love him. She constantly hugs and kisses my belly and talks to Ethan. She likes to "write" Ethan's name on paper when she's scribbling. I hope that she's as happy when he comes out as she is now.
We're still enjoying being at the camp, but have definitely hit reality in a lot of ways of what camp is like! Robert has been very busy, and it is only getting busier. Summer is a few weeks away! The weeks of Robert only having one day off are starting soon. So, we are taking advantage of every free moment now. Camp is definitely not easy, but no ministry is! Financially, I think things are getting somewhat better :). We are meeting with someone Saturday morning to possibly sell our van to, so we will be able to pay off a little debt! That will be a load off! Praise God for all that he is doing to provide. We cut up our one and only credit card a few weeks ago because we decided that we didn't need to rely on that anymore, and God has proven faithful. I don't feel that we deserve all that God has provided for us, and I am so thankful that he loves us for who we are and provides even though we don't deserve it!

No comments: