Sunday, June 1, 2008

37 weeks

I am now 37 weeks and 1 day pregnant, and I am miserable! This heat is killing me... I don't know how anyone would make it to August if that's when they were due! I'm also starting to have a LOT of "warm up" contractions and pains. I didn't have all of this with Karis, so it's really confusing much of the time. But, my midwife says that until they are timeable, it's not labor. When they become timeable, call her. So far they have been sporatic. She says that it's really normal to have this more with labors after the first baby. So, I guess it's normal! It's just frustrating.

I don't have much energy most days, but there are some in which I get up and start cleaning and can't stop... so I guess I just need to take it one day at a time. I know that in a few weeks I will get to hold this baby in my arms, so I'm trying to just remember that I can't be pregnant forever. I'm prepared in just about every way possible (which, with homebirth, there is a lot more preparation), so now all I can do is wait. God has amazed me at how He has provided everything that we could possibly need for the birth of this baby. A few months ago I was ready to take the credit card out and buy everything because I thought we wouldn't be able to afford everything we needed. I felt very convicted about that and cut up the card. Ever since then, He has provided abundantly. Apparently all he was waiting for was for me to give up that control and trust him.


Here are some pics of me preggo at about 37 weeks: (they are a bit blurry- the flash was off because of the mirror)

No comments: