Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hormonal Pregnant lady and other random things...

So the other day when I blogged I was a little hormonal :). The main person that I was frustrated with doesn't even read my blogs... I just wanted to share my frustration! I am better now... I have gone on with life as normal for now, and when it is time, it is time! I had an appointment with my midwife today, and everything pretty much looks the same as it did this weekend. No more progression. She doesn't think I will progress any more, though, until I actually go into labor. Ethan looks real good- his heart rate is still perfect, the same as it has been; great position, real low, moving a lot! I am looking forward to the day that I get to hold him!

Robert was off yesterday, and when he has a day off, it is go, go, go! We recently decided that we wanted to see if it would be possible to trade in his truck, because we were worried that it wouldn't really work for us as a family vehicle. It only had 3 doors, and the backseat was too small really to put 2 car seats in it. It also didn't have any cargo space... groceries had to go in the front seat! We had to sell the van a few weeks ago in order to pay for some things, plus, we were a little nervous about the condition of it. Robert and I both weren't sure how reliable it was. So, anyway, we have been looking online for a week or so at small suv's. Yesterday morning we went to Carmax to see if it would even be a possibility to trade in his truck and get a vehicle with about the same payment (and hopefully better gas mileage). We found one that we wanted, got approved, and decided to sit on it for a little while. We were going to have to go home to meet my mom (to take Karis with her), then go back into Austin anyway to meet my brother in law for dinner. We did some math and decided that it would work well, so we traded the truck in last night for a 2004 Mazda Tribute. It is SOOO much better for our family. The back seat is actually big enough for 2 car seats, there is cargo space in the back, and there are 4 doors (all things that didn't use to be a big deal!). Now I won't have to climb over Karis to put Ethan in his seat! It also has better gas mileage than his truck (23/28 verses 16/20), so we won't be guzzling gas quite as fast. The payment is only like $20 more a month than the truck, but we'll make that up in gas! Now we're down to one, reliable vehicle. Things are coming together! The infant car seat base is already strapped in and ready to go :). I am, though, having to learn to drive manual. Robert was set on that being one of the specifics that we were looking for. They tend to have better gas mileage and the transmissions last longer than automatics. And if we have problems with the transmission, Robert can fix it himself. So, I'm having to learn how to drive it. It's fun, and I've only killed it a few times :).

Anyway... now that you've heard way too much about things that you don't care about as much as I do... :).

I'm bored and waiting for my mom to bring Karis home. I'm not used to being alone this long!

I think I might go take a nap!

No comments: