Sunday, April 3, 2011

Growing Faith

Friday was a bad day.  Our washer broke.  We found out our car is going to cost a small fortune to fix (our "good" car).  When Robert was driving home, our "loaner" car started having issues.  Karis had a fever and threw up.  By the end of the day, it was almost amusing how many things were going "wrong."
Despite the fact that we were going to have to dish out money that we didn't have, and I was a bit frustrated, I had a peace deep down. 
This is new for me... A year ago, I would have been flipping out.  Just ask anyone who knows me well :).  But after all that has happened this year, I knew all of this was minor. 

I have finally come to a point in my life in which I know what is important, and what is "big" and what is "little."  I have finally come to a point in my life in which I trust God.  I just knew that He was going to work something out, and I was waiting in anticipation to find out what He was going to do.

And just as I thought, He worked everything out.  Big time. 

The "loaner" car was fine yesterday.  It was a minor issue. 
We hadn't been able to file our taxes because we were still waiting on Levi's social security card (long story).  When we got home, it was in the mail.  I finished filing (thinking that we were probably not going to get much back this year), and found out that we're getting the biggest refund we've ever had.  Thankful for child tax credit + child care credit :). 
We also found out that our home warranty will cover getting our washer fixed and we had someone offer us a washer.  Now our decision to be made is get ours fixed (it is 10 years old) or take the one given to us.   

And today, Karis is feeling 100% better.

Yesterday I finished unpacking the house (minus the storage/utility room), cleaning the house, and Robert cleaned up the yard.

Despite the difficult start to the weekend, it has been a great weekend.  And I attribute that to the unwavering faith and joy that I now have due to the hardships that we have been through over the past year +.  God has proven Himself faithful many, many, many times.  Life is hard, but our God is bigger, greater, and stronger than any other.  I'm thankful that this world isn't all there is.  I'm thankful that I can serve Him here, and know that I will be worshipping Him for eternity in Heaven. 

1 comment:

The Man Crew said...

Courtney, SO glad that you have 'arrived' at this place in your life. Sometimes life throws us a curveball, and we have a choice. We can either smack it out of the park, or we can hit the dirt and cover our heads. SO proud of you!! Glad that things are working out in their own time, and in His way, and that you are willing to wait for those things :) Enjoy the rest of your weekend, my dear!
Blessings, ~K~