Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Things that I am Thankful For

This year has been amazing. It has been a year of ups and downs, but God has taught us so much, and our family is closer now than ever before. Until this past year, I personally, have been a very insecure person, always seeking advice from others and not being confident in the way that I did things. I have been learning who I am in Christ, and who I am as a mother and a wife. I am now happy to say that I am confident in who I am, and I am different than a lot of people :). I am okay with that! Being happy with who I am has created a different outlook on life. I'm not spending every day trying to please others; I aim to please Jesus and my family.

Jesus, has blessed me with such an amazing family. I don't know why it took me so long to see that, but I see it now.

I am so thankful for a husband that loves me so much. He is the perfect person for me. He was created for me, and I for him. We absolutely love just spending time together, and our desires and likes are becoming the same. We are still learning what our roles are in our marriage, but we've come a long way. On December 20th, we will be married 5 years. It's hard to believe!

I have an amazing daughter. She is beautiful, creative, imaginative, intelligent, funny, sweet, and more. I enjoy just spending time with her. She loves her mommy, daddy, and even her brother :). She has been an amazing big sister; we haven't had any jealousy problems at all. I can't wait to see who she grows up to be. I know with all my heart that God has amazing plans for her.

My son is young, but I can already tell that he is going to be awesome :). He's so cute :). He's a pretty easy baby; just keep him fed, and he's happy. He loves to smile and laugh. He loves his big sister. He loves his mommy :). If I'm in the room, he wants me to hold him. I love having a son; there's a special bond there. I pray daily that he grows up to be an amazing man of God.

My mom has been such an amazing help to me this year. I have an amazing job, and I wouldn't be able to do it if my mom wasn't so willing to watch the kids. I never have to worry about having childcare; my mom loves to help. She watches them 2 days a week, and she has to drive an hour one way! She also stays late on Mondays so that I can prepare for teaching. What would I do without her?!!

My job (well, actually the ministry that God has allowed me to be part of) is perfect for me. I am able to teach part time, which is something that I have always wanted to be able to do. I teach an amazing group of students, I have an awesome supervisor, and I love the curriculum that I teach. All in all, it's the best job that I could ever ask for. And, God knew all along that this would happen :).

Our church, though far away, is perfect for us. We are challenged, we are fed, we are free to worship, we have great friends, and we feel like we belong there. The church focuses on God, and those who need Him. Their desire is to know Jesus and make Him known. We have gone back and forth constantly as to whether we should try to drive all the way to San Marcos. Then, we began looking into churches that we feel like we would fit in, and they are all about an hour away. So, why not be part of the church that we feel part of? We have made the commitment to continue on at Riverstone, and we are thankful to be part of such an amazing church.

I LOVE that I have time to make things from scratch. Being able to make healthy meals and snacks for my family, and to make my own cleaners and detergents, is awesome. I know it's silly, but I have always wanted to do this! I have also been researching a lot of things, and am happy to put them into practice!

I am excited about being able to homeschool my kids. I know that it will be a challenge, but I feel that I am the best one to teach my children. I am in the process of learning all about home education, and have already begun doing some homeschool preschool. It's fun!

Being here at the camp can be a challenge, but we know that God has brought us here, and that he has amazing plans for this place!! We actually made sure that this was where God wanted us (by praying for several months), and we're starting to see why he wanted us here. Praise God for His provision and guidance!

We love our home, our church, our friends, our family, and most of all, the time that we have to spend with Jesus, daily. We are in a good place. I am content with life.

No comments: