Thursday, October 9, 2008

All Purpose Spray Cleaner- I LOVE this!

I am in love with home made cleaners :). I have been using a new cleaner, that is easy to make, and works well!

All Purpose Spray Cleaner:
1/2 tsp borax (buy in the laundry detergent section)
1/2 tsp vegetable oil-based soap (I use Dr. Bronner's- can buy this online and in many stores, Target and HEB for sure)
2 tbsp vinegar (I use a little more of this)
2 cups hot water
Shake well until all the solid bits have dissolved
For extra cleaning power, increase the Borax

1 comment:

Still standin' said...

Hey, Courtney, you're a woman after my own heart! I make my own laundry detergent, and I'm going to have to try your cleaner.

My recipe for detergent is super easy--1 box of borax, 1 box of washing soda (in laundry section, Arm&Hammer but NOT baking soda) and 1 bar of Fels Naptha soap. I buy this at Publix, but if you don't have one of those around, it's available online and you can probably request it at a local grocery store. Just grate the soap, stir up all ingredients and use about 1 or 2 tablespoons per wash load. This amount costs around $7 to make and lasts me 6 months doing laundry every day for 5 of us.