Sunday, March 13, 2011

Amazed

...that is the word that comes to mind when I process all that has taken place in the past year.  My whole life changed on November 30th of 2009 (when my brother died in a horrible way), and it has been a long, rough road ever since... having my third child in 4 years, going through postpartum depression, practically being a single mom while Robert worked so much, moving to Dallas, starting a full time job, not having our own place, etc.  But now I see how the hard times have grown me into the person that I am today, and God has blessed me beyond measure.  I feel so undeserving! 

My life has taken a turn and it is not what I would have ever planned for myself, but it's really all perfect for us.  Working full time is something that I wouldn't have imagined doing a year ago, and it's tough a lot of days, but I absolutely know that I am exactly where I am supposed to be, and I wouldn't change a thing!  I love my students and love (almost) everything about where I work :).  I feel like God created this position just for me.  The area where we live is so us.  It reminds us a lot of Austin/San Marcos... which is where we've always felt like home.  We have an amazing home that fits our family so well.  It's a very cool home with lots of character.  I think it's safe to say that this is our dream home :).  The whole process of buying this home went so smoothly... not near as rough as I've heard buying a home is.  And I already feel at home here and we don't even have it unpacked :). 

I love that our church is right down the road, and I love that we already have a community here because of our amazing church family.  We went to a party at the pastor's house last night and just had an amazing time getting to know people.  I feel at home here!!

We found out on Friday that there are going to be a lot of changes happening at my school, and I am very excited about those changes.  They are great changes, and I know that our school will just continue to improve and the students will continue to grow.  We're thinking, again, about putting Karis there next year and possibly Ethan (they're going to have a 3 year old pre-k class... not sure if he'll be allowed to go there).  There are a few things that still bother us, but I really want them to be with me because I trust the teachers, curriculum, and I trust where the school is headed.  So, we'll see.  I'm going to continue praying for now.  God is in control and our kids will go where they're supposed to go!  God will make it clear in his time. 

Alright, going to get ready for church!!

No comments: