Tuesday, April 13, 2010
These crackers are lightly sweet and nutritious! The whole family loves them. Best of all, they are easy!
1/2 cup whole wheat flour (I use hard white wheat)
1 1/2 cups quick oats
1/2 cup rolled oats
pinch of baking soda
2 tablespoons sucanat
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 stick butter
1 egg yolk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients.
3. Rub in the butter until the mixture is like bread crumbs.
4. Mix in the egg yolk and maple syrup until a firm dough.
5. Kneed lightly.
6. Roll out to a thickness of 1/4 inch.
7. Cut with cookie cutters or a pizza cutter.
8. Bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.