Thursday, April 22, 2010

Random Post… Updates


Aaaahhhhh
I’m beginning to feel like I can breathe.  I am beginning to feel like life isn’t falling apart.  I’m beginning to feel like routine is possible.  I’m beginning to feel like I can do this… with the Lord’s help.  I’m not so overwhelmed 24/7 now (although I do have my moments… doesn’t everyone?). 

Through the decisions that we have made, through getting away once a week, through eating meals at home together as a family, etc, I feel like things will get better… and they are already starting.  We have more routine now than we have in a while, and when things don’t happen exactly the way I want, I don’t feel like everything is falling apart.  I’m not sure why, but when I’m really anxious, it is almost impossible to really create routine.  I have a hard time with consistency and balance, so I just shut down when things aren’t perfect. 

I have a long way to go, but I just feel like I will get there now.  I was truly doubting things would ever get better before. 

Breastfeeding
Things are going pretty well in this area.  I’m still not giving him a whole lot of formula… on average about 6 oz a day.  I don’t think that’s bad at all!  And, he sleeps well, which is great.  At night, he usually has a 6-7 hour stretch, then another 4 or so hour stretch.  That’s amazing!  He sleeps better now than Ethan did when he was almost one.  God knows what I need!!  He knew I needed an easier baby :).  If I had another one like Ethan, I think I would really be losing my mind :). 
Levi has grown quite a bit with in the past week or so.  He is outgrowing his 0-3 month sleep and plays (pajamas) and is now having to wear 3-6 month.  He has grown in length more than anything.  He’s still pretty skinny… just longer. 

More about our eating habits
Last night, the movie Food Inc. came on PBS and Robert and I watched it together.  I’ve seen it before, but he hadn’t.  While it didn’t surprise him, it did inspire him to change things around here (completely).  After we watched it, he asked me if we could buy all of our food and products through Azure Standard and the Farmer’s Market. :)  The majority of our food and products can be bought through those two sources, as well as on Vitacost (most of our personal care products) and a few items bought at Costco.  This also gives us more reason to start eating at home (instead of in the dining hall here at camp).  So, it looks like the majority of our meals will be eaten at home now.  We will still eat in the dining hall some, but it really does make things less stressful to just be together as a family around our table at home :).  We have really been enjoying that this week.  We eat better, things are less rushed, I don’t have to drag them there and back, and the kids get down for their naps a lot easier.  It’s just better all around.

No comments: