Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pondering some things

I read a blog today (http://lizzykristine.blogspot.com/2009/03/animal-vegetable-miracle.html) that has me thinking about some things (well, I've already been thinking some of these things, but it definitely confirmed my thoughts and convictions).

Where does my passion for nutrition, natural, organic, and local foods fit into an eternal perspective?

As important as it is to do research about the food that we eat, make sure that we are feeding our family natural/organic/local foods, and spend time planning and price comparing, we need to make sure to keep it in the right perspective. I have been enjoying the process of figuring everything out, looking for the cheapest place to buy things, and putting them into use as I make new and yummy foods (and sharing my information). But, has it been too much of a focus? Have I been "worshipping" my new found knowledge, food, and grocery shopping more than God? Have I been caring more about making sure that my family has nutritious food, more than caring about others' souls?

It's important to take good care of our bodies, and the bodies of our family because we need to be good stewards of the bodies that God gave us, and we need to be healthy for the Lord's service, but I personally feel that I need to take a step back and focus more on worshipping my Jesus, taking care of others, and sharing Christ with others.

Now that I know what I know about food, my next goal is to just put it into practice in my every day life and not focus on it so much. Again, it's not bad to research and learn about nutrition (in fact, I think it's good), but I, personally, just need to make sure that I keep it in the right perspective.
I've been so focused on eating the best way that I can, that I have made it into a mini "god," and it has caused some burden for me because I want everything to be perfect. I'm going to do my best to get my focus off of food, and onto Jesus where it should be!!

No comments: