Monday, May 3, 2010

Light Peaking Through the Dark Clouds


I've been having a rough time with energy lately... most days I feel emotionally okay, but the lack of energy and desire to sleep all the time (and not be able to) has made things tough.  I saw my doctor today for a follow up, and she reminded me that if I can get some energy back, I won't feel like a pile of bricks is on top of me (and that is exactly how I feel most days).  She suggested that I take my medicine in the mornings instead of at night.  The problem right now is that I take it in the evening, then I have a hard time sleeping, then I'm exhausted all day.  Also, the medicine wears off mid-day right now.  So hopefully by making that change, I will be able to sleep better, and then I will feel better through the day.  And, the medicine shouldn't wear off until the evening/nighttime.  She also checked my iron and thyroid to make sure I don't have low iron or that my thyroid levels are off.  I should find out with in the next couple of days.  She also told me that I need to make sure to take my vitamins.  That will help with energy as well. 

But, for the most part, I feel like a little light is peaking through the dark clouds (most days).  I went through a tough week last week (again), but things are picking back up.  I'm going to have good days and bad days... that's part of life... especially with all that has been going on in my life lately.  I just have to deal with each day as it comes.

One thing that I do know for sure... I am blessed.  Despite the things that I struggle through, I have a very understanding family.  Robert does anything he can to help me.  He doesn't worry about the house looking a certain way.  When he can, he does laundry or dishes.  He helps me make meals when I'm struggling to get it done (usually about the time it's time to make dinner, the kids start throwing fits and Levi wants to be held).  He lets me get away one evening a week... to gather my thoughts... to be away from screaming kids for a few hours.
The kids have been great lately... just playing and going along like normal.  They are doing well most days.  Levi sleeps through the night now (usually about 8:00 or 9:00 pm until about 6:00 am).  He also takes two long naps most days.  He's only 2 1/2 months old!  God definitely knew what I needed.  If I had another baby like Ethan, I think I would really be losing my mind.  Levi just goes with the flow most of the time.  He's very laid back and sweet.  He smiles and coos a lot.  :)
My mom, most weeks, comes to the house to help with the kids for the day, or she'll take the older kids to her house for the night.  She is  BIG help.
I also have wonderful friends that are always there when I need them :).

I'm still just learning to take one day at a time!

    No comments: