Thursday, May 13, 2010

One Step at a Time

Well, just when I thought we had a good idea of how things would work out, some other things have popped up. I guess I'm just going to have to stop planning, be patient, and allow God to make things clear One. Step. At. A. Time.

Two things happened today:

One, someone was telling me that she took her granddaughter to Faith Academy today to show her around (to possibly go next year), and it made me really miss it. I feel so connected there still. It's hard to explain this connection. Maybe I'm not ready to move on. Maybe I'm just underestimating God's provision for things to work out. I'm quick to say it can't work because of certain details, but God can work things out better than I can imagine.

Two, I was talking to a lady here that taught pre-k for a long time about my going to get my masters, and she told me that it may be more difficult to get a job because the district would have to pay me more. I hadn't thought about that, but it makes sense. And I think I've heard about that being a problem. She said that it usually works out better to have a job, then get your masters. Of course, one of my reasons for taking classes was to keep up with my certification, so maybe I can start to get enough hours for my cert, then finish while I'm teaching.

Ugh. There's so many things to consider. I'm just going to back off for a little while. I feel like I'm thinking too much today :).

Does anyone else have days like that?? Or am I just crazy?? :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YOu are most definitely NOT crazy! I think most people (at least the honest ones) have days like that. Just because we have made a rational decision, doesn't mean that we still don't have feelings about things, or that we have ALL the info. You've got time...just keep praying, listening to Robert's wise counsel and trusting God to provide enough light for the next step. That's all we need : )
~K~