Thursday, May 13, 2010

Little Things Thursdays


A friend of mine does a post (I think weekly) titled "It's the Little Things."  I've decided I'm going to begin doing this as a weekly series: Little Things Thursdays.

Some "little things" that I truly enjoy are:
~ Coffee... GOOD coffee, with a little bit of half and half and raw sugar.  YUM.
~ Dr. Pepper.  Yes, I drink soda sometimes.  And, I enjoy it.  I try to limit it (we don't keep it in the house), but I enjoy one here and there when we're out and about!
~ Journals... I love writing to Jesus and writing out my thoughts.
~ The fact that my favorite brand of formula, diapers, wipes, and kids' clothes are Target brand.  Not only are they my favorite, but they are the cheapest I can find.  A box of diapers is $13.  A large package of wipes is close to $4.  A 40 oz can of formula is $17.  Shorts, pants, and t-shirts (Circo or Cherokee brand) are $3-6... not to mention their clearances!  I LOVE Target!!
~ I enjoy menu planning, making a grocery list, and grocery shopping now that we have simplified this process.  I enjoy going to just one or two stores.  And I still get to go by myself or just with Levi because my wonderful mother helps me with the kids once a week!  In fact, she's coming over tomorrow :).
~ I love Costco!  I can get a good portion of my groceries there, and for good prices!  I love that they sell locally made bread, and tortillas with just a few ingredients.  It makes my life easier :).
~ The hours of entertainment that a sandbox brings the kids makes me happy :).  I am trying to get over the mess that it makes :).
~ Letting the kids go outside first thing in the morning... they eat breakfast, then play.  They are almost always outside these days! :)
~ Our covered porch and wonderful view.  I just love to be outside!
~ The summer missions team is about to be here for the summer... I love game nights and just hanging out with them!  I make them koolaid and buy them junk food.  I make them dinner sometimes.  I absolutely love the opportunities to love on college students through the summers here!  I hope I have more opportunities this summer than in the past (last summer being in early pregnancy and the summer before having Ethan in the middle).
~ I love that the older I get, the more confident I become in the person that God made me to be.  I have a long way to go, but I'm much different today than yesterday.

I could probably go on and on... God is showing me all the little blessings that I have in my life.  He is to be glorified and praised through the blessings and toils in this life!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE your little things, Courtney! Glad you are able to see so many wonderful things in your life. I know it's been a tough year for you. God is blessing : )
~K~