Sunday, December 26, 2010

Reflecting and Dreaming

Christmas had a rough start, but it ended really well.  I'm so thankful for my family.  You can feel the love when we're all together. The house was full, but there was no stress... it was great.  I'm so thankful for a close family!  No matter how big the family gets, we're still close and enjoy being together. 
And today is so nice because my mom and dad are enjoying their grandkids, and I am able to spend some time going through my brother's music.  Listening to it is bringing back so many memories.  When we were in junior high and high school we had a very similar taste... and it is such great music.  Bush, Creed, Matchbox 20, Collective Soul, Offspring, Nickelback, Dave Matthews, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, etc.  He also has some great soundtracks and DVD's.  Again, it just brings back so many memories.  I'm at a point in the "grieving process" now in which I am enjoying the memories that we had.  I'm still sad that he's not here, but I am able to think about things and remember the good memories.  There are so many great ones.  We were so close as kids.  We did everything together.  We shared in everything.  I'm thankful for my childhood.  It couldn't have been any better :).  The older I get, the more I appreciate my childhood.  I want my kids to have the same kinds of memories when they grow up! 

I'm excited about owning a home that our kids can grow up in.  We feel that this is exactly why we moved to the Dallas area.  When we first felt that it was time to move on from the camp, we had NO idea what to expect.  And with-in 6 months, God has made it clear that we are following Him.  It's not easy many days, but life is just not easy... no matter where we are.  God has led us to our mission field and I'm excited about how God will use us.  One thing (that I've written about before) that might be interesting to get used to is the fact that the area that we will be living in has a reputation (and it's pretty unfair!).  What I have decided is that it doesn't matter what people think.  This is the area that God is moving us to and He has made that clear over the past 6 months... that's all that matters.  The area reminds us a LOT of the San Marcos/Austin area, and that area is SO us :).  We'll enjoy living there, and we will have so many opportunities to be the Light to people... I can't wait to be close to our church, my job, and a really fun part of Dallas :). 
The Bishop Arts district is very close... the whole area reminds us of a smaller town just 5 minutes away from Dallas.  Urban Acres is just down the road a bit, and it is an amazing whole foods store.  We will probably join their produce coop in the coming months.  Some things there are way too expensive, but it's nice that it's right there in town, and everything they sell is whole, organic, and/or grassfed/pastured.  But, we're pretty balanced in that area now... and we make decisions based on our budget at the moment :). 

We should hear something "official" about the house today... so it still may not work out, but if it doesn't, something else will... when it's time.  I'm excited about that house, but I'm realistic :). 

No comments: