Friday, June 19, 2009

New Homeschool Preschool Curriculum

ABC Jesus Loves Me


I am going to start a new curriculum for Karis, and I am super excited. It is called ABC Jesus Loves Me. It is completely planned out for 36 weeks, and there is a curriculum for 3 year olds and one for 4 year olds. I'm still trying to decide if I should wait and start in August like it says because the holidays are lined up well right now. We'll see :). I just wanted to let you know about it!!

The objectives for a 3 year old are:
The child will...
~ know several Bible stories, Memory Verses, Nursery Rhymes, Finger Plays, and Songs which they can recall when prompted.
~ know the name of all the lowercase letters
~ know the phonetic sounds of all the lowercase letters
~ be able to correctly trace all lowercase letters
~ know by name and be able to correctly trace the numbers 1-20
~ be able to identify various colors and shapes
~ be able to demonstrate spatial concepts, sorting, and AB and ABA patterns
~ be able tos ay the letters of their first name as well as write them, using a capital letter for the first letter of their name
~ be introduced to many books


My plan for when it lists specific books is that if I don't have the specific book, I will check it out from the library. If they don't have it, I will just find a similar one :). I have quite a few books, and I can't really afford to buy a bunch more!
But everything else comes with it. There are TONS of printables (including whole books); all the rhymes, finger plays, and songs are there for you, etc.
CHECK IT OUT!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that sounds like an excellent curriculum. You are very inspiring. I love the way you put so much effort in making sure that your family gets nothing but the best.