Sunday, December 20, 2009

Celebrating 6 Years

Today is Robert and my six year anniversary.  It has been a wonderful six years.  I can't imagine a better life partner.  He is an amazing, godly man, who would do anything for his family.  He has more integrity than anyone I know, he is a true servant who would do anything for anyone, and he always makes me feel special.  We very rarely even have arguments, and when we do, we "make up" very quickly because we can't stand to be mad at each other :).  I'm so thankful that God created us for each other, and I am looking forward to many, many more years together.
I don't know what I would have done without him these past 3 weeks; he has taken care of me and many others.  He didn't care if it was hard for him; he did whatever he needed to.  I just love him so much.  I feel undeserving of such a wonderful blessing.

Because of all the craziness that has been going on, we aren't doing a whole lot.  Robert was planning to surprise me with a cabin for the weekend at a wonderful park in Brownwood, but that wasn't possible after all because of finances (losing out on 2 weeks of work and having to get our car fixed!), moving, and all that has been going on with my family.  Maybe later :).  Instead, we are here with our cranky children and unpacking :).  My parents are going to take them tonight so that we can at least go out to eat.  Then we can enjoy our new home and fire place without crying children.  It will be a nice, quiet, peaceful evening.  Maybe we can even sleep past 6:30 in the morning!  Maybe.  We are both used to waking up early now :). 

We have our living room mostly unpacked and organized.  There are just a few random things here and there to put away, and we need to put pictures on the wall.  Of course, we are planning on painting next week, so they will just have to come back down.  But, I need them on the wall to make it feel more at home (especially since we're having Christmas here)!  Next on our agenda is to finish up the kids' rooms (which won't take much), then tackle our bedroom/bathroom (which will take a while).  We're getting there.  The biggest goal is to make it ready to have Christmas here, and we're almost to that point (with a few days to spare!). 

No comments: