Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Simpler Life

Right after I wrote the earlier post, I was reading blogs in my google reader, and I stumbled upon this post: http://www.mysimplerlife.com/blog/?p=1308

A few things that stick out to me are:
"What I want to tell you is that you are fine, right now, where you are. I don’t want you to feel that you aren’t good enough until your house is organized, your kids are perfectly well behaved, your body is like it was in high school, your career is totally fulfilling and your social life is abounding."
"I am not saying you shouldn’t try to change and grow. I think that is part of what makes life so interesting. But growth is fluid. You aren’t going to get perfectly organized the first time out."
"We can always improve and grow. We don’t have an end point to change in this lifetime."
"One reason making changes can be so frustrating is we expect perfection right away or we give up. Another reason is we pick changes that are superficial so we can get the approval of others. Not what our hearts really want."

What changes do YOU want to make in your life?

What things are most important to God and yourself? What motivates you to do what you do? Is it what others think? Is it to honor God? I'm going to think through that question myself and write about it later!

No comments: