Turkey/Chicken Pot Pie
2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
2/3 cup coconut oil
6 tablespoons cold water
1. Put flour into mixing bowl and cut coconut oil into the flour.
2. Add salt and water
3. Mix until dough is formed
4. Roll out on flat surface
5. Bake at 375 degrees until brown
I bake the bottom part of the crust for about 15 minutes first, then add filling and follow directions from there.
The filling: (I will do my best to give exact amounts; I just throw it together!)
3 small red potatoes (or any kind of potato that you like)
1 tablespoon butter and a drizzle of olive oil (enough to saute potatoes, onions, and garlic)
1 small yellow onion
1 tsp. minced garlic
8 oz organic frozen mixed veggies (next time I will probably use a small amt. of steamed fresh green beans, carrots, and corn)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (next time I will make this homemade using this recipe- http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/2008/05/freezer-meals-chicken-divan.html- go all the way to the bottom to find the cream of mushroom soup sub.)
1 1/2 cups cubed turkey (we still had some frozen from Christmas!); you can also use chicken if you'd like!
1. Dice potatoes and onions; saute in garlic, butter and olive oil (I use both because I like both flavors, you can choose one) until potatoes are as soft as you like them. Season with favorite seasoning blend (I love nature's season).
2. 8 oz of mixed veggies- cook in microwave or on stove top using a bit of water (1/4 cupish) :); drain water
3. Add veggies, turkey, and creamed soup; mix well
4. Simmer for about 5 minutes (stir occasionally)
5. Add to bottom pie crust, place other pie crust on top, cut a slit in top, and cook for 30 minutes or lightly browned.