Friday, January 30, 2009

Vitacost.com

Here are some great deals on vitacost.com (along with description and pictures!):

Nature's One Baby's Only Organic Formula. It says toddler formula because they believe that infants should be breastfed until a year old (which I agree). They have a comparison chart, and it is comparable to other name brand infant formulas, but the source of the vitamins and minerals is so much better!
This is $8.79 for 12.7 oz!



As soon as I finish up the honey I got from Sam's, I will be buying this:
It is 22 oz, for only $7.06. It is Raw, Organic Honey.



Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil- 54 oz for only $21.79. I have done a LOT of searching, and this is considered CHEAP. Most are this much for 16 oz! And, Nutiva is one of the leading brands. This brand on nutiva.com is $32.99 for the same size.




Dr. Bronner's Organic Baby Mild Castile Soap, 32 oz. In most stores, this is about $15, but on Vitacost, it is $9.32.
Ingredients: Water, Saponified Organic Coconut & Organic Olive Oils (w/ Retained Glycerin), Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Citric Acid, Vitamin E.

All of these ingredients are edible! This stuff has SOOOO many uses. You can use it to make cleaners, as a baby wash, as an ingredient in homemade shampoo (will post a recipe once I try it), as body wash, and even as an ingredient in homemade toothpaste. And those are just a few uses!



Nature's Plus Source of Life Animal Parade Children's Vitamins. 180 tablets, $12.98. I bought some of these at HEB for $11.99, but it was half the amount of tablets!! This is a great deal. The best part is that it's whole foods based!

Other Ingredients: Fructose, citric acid, guar gum, natural cherry, orange and grape flavors, magnesium stearate, spirulina (naturally rich in essential nutrients), rose hips (Rosa canina fruit), whole brown rice, broccoli, spinach, mango fruit, carrot, West Indian cherry (Malpighia glabra fruit) and papaya fruit. Mineral aminoates are hypo-allergenic whole brown rice chelates.



Tom's of Maine Children's Fluoride Free Toothpaste, $3.00!




Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Training Pants, 29, $11.89. The cheapest that I have found these in a store is $14.99! They are simple, but cute. Karis likes them because on the front it says 1, 2, then it has a picture of a tree :). 1, 2, tree. So, everytime she puts them on, she laughs. And on the back, it just says "back." We will be switching to cloth training pants this month, though, because it'll save us quite a bit. Karis only uses them at night anyway, so we would only need 2-3 cloth training pants. Cloth is just the way to go! :)



Seventh Generation Chlorine Free Bleach. We use this to "strip" Ethan's cloth diapers. If you want to know what that means, ask me. ha! It's $5.32 for 64 oz.


Shipping is $4.99 no matter how much you order. I had a 22 pound box last week (10 cans of formula, training pants, chlorine free bleach, vitamins), and shipping was only $4.99. I have found one better deal on Coconut Oil ($41 for a gallon), but the shipping was $15, so it's really not as good of a deal once you pay the shipping (because I don't consider shipping to be part of the cost when I order from Vitacost, because I will only order it when I order formula anyway!).

2 comments:

The Man Crew said...

Wow, those are some great deals!! You said to ask what stripping the diapers was....so I'm asking..what's that?? I used cloth for 3 years and ever even heard of that...was I doing someting wrong?? Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us from day to day!
Kristy

The Man Crew said...

THanks for th einfo on stripping diapers!! I don't think I ever had that happen...weird, huh? Oh well! I'll be sure to my sister know in case that happens to her clothies. Hope all is well with you! We miss you at CM, too!