Friday, July 16, 2010

God Always Knows Best

Well, after many doors have been closed (or never even cracked), I'm learning that God really knows best.

The thing that I was really most excited about with doing the Learning Center position is that I would be teaching an English class...
The one thing about the Wylie Prep positions (the 4th grade ones) is that they weren't English...

So, when I got the email about 8th grade English and middle school electives, I was so excited because that's perfect... the only issue is that instead of 4 sections of classes (like before), it would only be three... which would be less money...

The principal called me last night, and I'm so excited.  We discussed a few of my concerns, and it sounds like those concerns will work out just fine :).
The first concern was... do I leave the kids in childcare during my break, or do I take them out and put them back in?  She said it's best for the kids to leave them in... which I wholeheartedly agree... so concern number one taken care of.
My second concern was the financial aspect... since I'll be teaching one less section, it will be less money, and I'm not even sure if it'll be enough to make it worth it.  So, she said that they can use that break to give me other little jobs... relieve the childcare teachers for lunch... do lunch duty while the kids are eating... etc.  So, she thinks she'll be able to make that work.
And concern number three... I've never taught an art class before, though I did take one in college and loved it... I just wouldn't know where to begin.  She said that she had asked the department head to help come up with the lessons since this will be the first year for whoever she hires... so concern number three... solved.

She's going to be out of town next week, so she wouldn't be able to interview me until the week after (which is still a possibility).  But, she said that she's going to ask several others if they may be able to meet with me next week.  She wants me to make the drive there and for someone to just talk to me about everything in person before they make a final decision.
But, it's looking good :).

Of course, I'm not going to get my hopes up until I'm officially offered the job... because as I've seen a few times... just because it seems like it will work out doesn't mean that it will :).  Of course, this is the most promising situation so far, so I'm hopeful!

1 comment:

Danielle Leigh said...

That is awesome to hear Courtney! Congrats and I'll be praying.