Monday, July 5, 2010

Pics of Our Home and Randomness...

We aren't completely finished unpacking, but I thought I'd go ahead and post pictures of what we have unpacked/organized so far :).
I don't have any pictures of our bedroom because it is a disaster still :).  I'll get them posted whenever we get it finished.

Living Room




Levi's Room, and Levi's Side of the Bathroom (sink)



Kids' Room and Bathroom





Hallway to bedroom and our bathroom


This post will probably seem a bit random as I'm a bit distracted and have a lot on my mind :).

Things are still going very well so far :).  Having Robert home more is amazing.  It seems like I have been doing everything for the past 2 1/2 years, so it is almost weird having him here to do things :).  We actually have routine now.  The kids get bathed, teeth brushed, and we read, sing, and pray all together.  And they are in bed by 8:30.  It's just easier with someone helping.  I didn't realize how much I was doing alone... 

Robert had today off because he had a holiday for July 4th.  So this afternoon I was able to go to the store, by myself.  First I went to Whole Foods, and it took FIVE MINUTES to get there.  When there's traffic it takes about 10 minutes.  Super Target is 5 minutes away.  
Between the two, I can get everything that I need... and after spending the past 5 months eating unhealthy, I finally have a desire to get back to eating the way that I know is best... whole, real, fresh food.  We eat meals at home, as a family.  We're having to get used to spending more, but we'll get the hang of it once we get a little more organized.
My plan is to make a menu every Sunday and get groceries Sunday evening for that week.  I will probably go to Whole Foods and Super Target (they are close).  I'll be able to go by myself, every week :)... I don't have to take all three kids with me :).  

I was supposed to have an interview today at Wylie Prep, but it will have to be rescheduled because the principal's grandson was born on Friday.  She was still in San Angelo last night so she emailed me saying she needed to reschedule.  It's okay... I am learning to be patient, and I am learning that ultimately, God is in control.  He will lead me to the right school... and the closer to Friday my interview is, the better.  I will be talking to the principal at Cornerstone Christian Academy on Friday.  I'm still pretty torn about which way to go... some days I think Wylie because of the location (it's closer to me right now), and especially because of the childcare.  But on the other hand, I love the position that is available at Cornerstone.  So, I'll just keep praying and talk to both principals before I make a decision.  And I will also wait to see if either one even ends up offering me a job :).  I think I have a pretty good chance, but you never know.  I don't want to assume anything...

Well, I think I'm finished with my randomness for now... I'm sure I'll be back in the next few days with more randomness :).  Life has changed so much and I love to process through writing :).

1 comment:

Jenna Schmoekel said...

I just have to say, I am soooooo impressed with how quickly you get stuff unpacked when you move! Your house looks all put together and decorated even! You are amazing!