Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Update on Job Opportunity, Housing, Church...

Well, God closed the door on the Learning Center Coordinator position (at the school in McKinney).  I'm sad, but I had a feeling this was going to happen.  She told me again this morning that she feels like I'm the perfect person for the position, but that she just doesn't feel peace about hiring me for it.  She's frustrated by that and doesn't understand :).  She feels like it will be too intensive of a position for me with three little ones.  She doesn't understand because she feels like God led me there and that He has a plan for our meeting, but it's just not the right timing.  She wants me to keep in contact and maybe sub or something.
I really, really like her, the school, their philosophies of education, etc, so I'm thinking that I may still be a part of the school somehow.  She said that she will probably have a kindergarten position available, but I personally don't feel kinder is my gifting :).  I like the older ones more... upper elementary through junior high specifically.  I'm also wondering if maybe God was using this opportunity to show me that I need to be pursuing special ed.  I'm going to continue praying about this as I know how intensive and emotionally draining it is... but maybe it's something that I can pursue for the future.  I have had many opportunities in the special ed/intervention field, but I have never thought that I was gifted for it... maybe I am.

Maybe Robert and I will both be in school at the same time :).  If so, we'll be living with my in-laws for a long time :).  Oh well... I really like it here and feel comfortable.

On that subject, I realized the other day that my biggest issue with living here isn't anything but pride.  It's tough to tell people that we live with my in-laws, but honestly, I really love this area and the freedom that we have right now.  With having our own living space, and the fact that my in-laws are NEVER home, it really feels like our own house :).  And I love that we're in an area that we could never afford on our own... everything is just right here.  The park, library, stores, the Y, etc... everything with-in a 5-10 minute drive.

We went to church for the first time this past Sunday, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.  A few things that I was nervous about were the style of worship and the size of the church.  The size really wasn't an issue... it was about what I was expecting, but it didn't feel crowded or anything.  And the style of worship was sort of what I was expecting... What I mean is that it was traditional (hymns with piano and organ), but it was more spirit filled than I was expecting.  I know, I know... I've learned my lesson.  The style of worship doesn't matter at all... it's the heart of the church.  Chuck Swindoll is an amazing, gifted preacher.  He tells it like it is.  I like that about a preacher :).  He speaks truth.  He goes through one book of the Bible at a time.  Such good teaching.  I know, I know... what did I expect?  He's very well known and has been doing this a long time... But I really had no idea how great he would be.
Karis, Ethan, and Levi did well and really enjoyed Children's Church/Nursery.  Levi didn't cry at all... despite the fact that there were a lot of babies crying :).  Ethan walked in and gave the teacher a hug.  Karis was a little reluctant at first, but when she saw all the kids her age playing, she went right in.  She loved that they sang songs, did a Bible story, did a craft, etc.  The babies and kids are broken up by 2 month intervals, so they really are with babies/kids exactly their age.  Yes, the church is that big :).  The benefits of a church that big is that amount of resources that they have.  It's awesome.  They have just about everything that one could look for in a church... And the ability to really serve and minister to people outside the church.  I think it's going to be good.

Until I hear from the principal at Wylie Prep, I'm just going to continue on with life as if I'm staying home... and I'm not sure what direction I will go with that school.  If the only position available is the 4th grade math and social studies, I'm not sure if I would take it even if it's offered.  We'll see.  I need to keep praying and seeking the Lord's will.  If He wants me to stay home, He will close all doors.  I'm finally getting to a point in which I'm okay with staying home for now.  With Robert being home more and there being so many opportunities and resources in the area, I feel like I can handle being home more than I could before.  I'm not having to do everything by myself.  I'm not alone with the kids 60-90 hours a week.  We get to be involved in church.  It's just much different.
So... I'm just waiting patiently as God makes His will known in His time :).  Not easy, but I'm definitely getting better at the waiting part.

No comments: