Thursday, April 30, 2009

Two Week Meal Plan

It's probably a bit strange that I write two week meal plans in the middle of the week :).  I do it based on pay checks, so that's why it is sometimes at a random time.  I just take the check to the bank, get out our cash for the two weeks (we're still not perfect at living by cash, but we're getting there), then go grocery shopping.  That's my routine for the most part.  There are things that we end up needing in the middle, so I'll just get those while I'm in Marble Falls for work.  I guess I was in more of a routine with grocery shopping than I thought!! :)  
We have been eating out WAY too much lately (because we have been so busy)... so we don't need much as far as groceries.  For the most part, I'm just pulling from the freezer and pantry, but I will be buying a few things.

Here's our two week meal plan: 

    Breakfasts:

    Breakfast tacos

    Peanut butter and honey on homemade bread, fruit

    Yogurt and cereal, fruit

    Boiled eggs, toast, fruit

    Egg sandwich

    Baked oatmeal

    Shake, fruit

     

    Lunches:

    Leftovers

    Dining hall

    Sandwiches

    Grilled cheese

    Tuna
    Baked potatoes

     

    Dinners: 

    Breakfast (1, 2)

    Pasta and sauce w/veggies, steamed spinach, homemade bread

    Cheese and lentil loaf, steamed broccoli

    Black bean wraps

    Black bean quesadillas (with leftovers from wraps)

    Parmesan tilapia, salad, roasted zucchini, bread

    Cheesy Chicken and rice (crock pot meal), veggies

    Pan-seared, Lemon Pepper tilapia, veggies (we have enough tilapia for two meals)

    Leftovers (1, 2, 3)

     

    Things to Bake/Make:

    Breakfast taco filling

    Wheat bread (1, 2, 3, 4)

    Boil eggs

    Cook black beans
    Tortillas


I've decided that even though we will have all three meals served during the summer in the dining hall, we are going to pick and choose which ones to eat there.  It's just not very healthy during the summer (because when serving 800 campers, you have to just make what's easy!).  So, I'm going to see if I can get a copy of the menu, and just choose which meals to eat in the dining hall and which meals to eat at home.  Robert will be eating in the dining hall no matter what, and cooking for the kids and me will be easy.  BUT, I love eating in the dining hall at times because I get to be around everyone!  It's a great time to get to know the summer staff, and I get to at least see Robert in passing.  It's worth it.  

No comments: