Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Wonderful Children that I have been Blessed With!

I haven't discussed the kids in a while, so I thought I would do that :).  

Karis is a beautiful 3 year old; she loves to be held and hugged.  She always tells me "I want to hold you."  She likes attention to be on her 100% of the time :).  She has recently begun "testing her boundaries," and I've been working on that.  Each day brings something new with her.  There's never a dull moment.  She's really smart, and enjoys learning.  Some of the recent things that she enjoys learning about are sounds of letters, counting objects, helping mommy bake, colors and shapes, animals, etc.  She loves to "sing and dance."  She's very creative, and has a great imagination.  She's a blast much of the time, and a challenge sometimes as well. :)  She's almost fully potty trained (finally!), which is nice.  She is just a big girl now.  It's crazy.
She has moved out of being big for her age, to being small for her age.  She's very picky when it comes to eating.  She's a dainty little girl.  We're going to have to beat the boys off with a stick when she gets older!  Here are some recent pictures of her:







Ethan has developed a LOT over the past month or two.  A few weeks ago, he started standing up in bed; yesterday, he started pulling up on furniture.  He'll be walking before we know it (I'm not sure I'm ready!).  The two kids are VERY different.  Ethan puts EVERYTHING in his mouth; Karis didn't do that.  Ethan is into everything; Karis wasn't (I just taught her not to, and she learned quickly).  I'm working on teaching Ethan as well, but he could really care less.  Baby proofing wasn't necessary with Karis, but I'm beginning to learn that some baby proofing is necessary with Ethan because I can't watch him 100% of the time!!  He "talks" constantly.  He is very vocal (this is just recent).  He LOVES his daddy.  If daddy is in the room and not holding him, he gets very upset.  It's especially interesting when we're in the dining hall because daddy is usually working while we eat, and he can't hold him right away.  Ethan doesn't understand that yet :).  He has beautiful blue eyes; he's a "pretty boy."  Someone told me once that he should be in commercials :).  He's still pretty big for his age.  My mom was holding him the other day, and he looked like he was about 18 months old, and he's only 10 1/2 months :).  He's beginning to thin out, though, as he gets more active.  I love my little boy!
Here are some pictures of him (all from this past month):



No comments: