Thursday, February 27, 2014

Anxiety...


I have felt quite a bit of anxiety the past few days, and if you were to ask why, I couldn't even tell you.  I guess that's the reason for going through Celebrate Recovery.  I'm hoping to be able to figure out why I'm anxious so much.  I'm on lots of medication for it, and I still have anxiety... so I don't think it's a medication issue.

It gets frustrating to not be able to figure out why.  The times that I know why, it's easy to work through... but not knowing why means it just sits and feels heavy... a heaviness that is just there.

Last night, I tried just about everything I could do relieve my anxiety.  Ended the day praying in my journal and going to bed early.  I woke up early (4:30) as usual, and I got up and spent time in the Word and prayer immediately. 

And wouldn't you know it, I'm anxious again today. 

Blah.  I can't stand anxiety.  But it's something that I must try to work through.  I'm at the point in which I know it's part of me, but I also know that I can continue trying to work through it and figure out why... 

One day at a time...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are an inspiration sharing your story. You can help other just like yourself to know they are not alone. I pray you find the answers to your anxiety.