Thursday, February 20, 2014

Think

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 
Philippians 4:8

I've read this so many times and almost have it memorized (I don't memorize verses well). Often times I look at it and think "how can I make this practical in my daily life?"  

Yesterday at counseling, my counselor did just that for me.  She has an acronym that she shares with her patients (and it may not be "hers"), called "THINK." 

T- is it true?
H- is it helpful?
I- is it inspiring?
N- is it necessary?
K- is it kind?

My thought processes tend to drag me down faster than anyone or anything else can, so this is a good way to "think" about things in a new way.  Anytime I feel that my thoughts are dragging me down, I'll use this to analyze whether or not the thought is beneficial. 

Until next time... 

No comments: