Friday, February 14, 2014

Balance is on the Horizon


Turns out my cycles have had a reason all along.  Who knew.  Apparently, because of the fact that my "mania" moments were disguised as good things... and my depression looked like just plain old depression... it was hard to see it.

We are in the "most likely" stage of diagnosing me as Bipolar II.  I see it.  Robert sees it. Friends see it.  My counselor sees it.  My doc is starting to see it.  It's a good chance.  I'm being treated for a "mood disorder" right now, which is what Bipolar II is.

Do you know how good it makes me feel to know that my cycles of extreme ups and downs have a reason?  It's my brain chemistry! 

My inability to balance- it's my brain chemistry!

And with the right meds and coping strategies, I might be able to become more balanced.  This is what I have desired my whole life.

I am hopeful... like really hopeful... for the first time since I can remember.

Right now, I'm feeling more balanced.  I feel as though I can live life.

We'll see how this goes.  It's a new journey!

Until next time...

No comments: