Saturday, February 15, 2014

Believe

I've really been worried about money lately.  When we made the decision, we made it completely out of faith.  And I still believe that God will provide.  But when I look at our budget on paper, it doesn't work.  At all.

I read this today, and it speaks volumes to me:

(Patricia Polacco posted this on her Facebook page)

There are lots of reasons to believe that it won't work for me to be home right now (and only work part time if/when I do get a job).  One being that it flat out doesn't work on paper.  The one reason that it WILL work is that God made it clear that I was supposed to resign.  That's the one reason that gets me through when I look at our budget on paper.  

We will continue to tithe even though it's easy to convince myself that we won't be able to afford it... because honestly, we can't afford not to.  He has shown His provision time and time again, so I know He'll continue.  

"And my God will supply every need of yours according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

No comments: