Saturday, February 22, 2014

No Spend Month

I have spent quite a bit of time stocking up (along with the help of a friend!), and we are at a point right now in which it is a great time to have a "no spend month."  What this means is that we'll use what we have and spend very little (not really "no spend," but close enough).  The only things we'll have to buy will be milk and produce.  Pretty much everything else we need, we have.  Those things have to be bought at least once every two weeks... so I'll have enough for two weeks and then I'll have to buy more...

  (This is just a fraction of our stock- the rest is in our pantry, freezer, and refrigerator)

Along with spending very little on food, we will not buy anything else.  We will not eat out, buy clothing, etc.  There will be things that come up, but we will do our best to not buy anything. 

This is going to be hard for ME because I am a spender.  I have realized recently that spending is a way for me to cope with my anxiety/depression.  This is not a healthy way to cope.

This is pretty much a way of fasting for me, so I will have to trust that God will meet my needs in this area.  

In the next few days, I will be inventorying what we have and writing a meal plan for the month based on that.  I will be posting things on here as I go. 

This "no spend month" will begin on March 1st.

Stay tuned for more on this!

No comments: