Wednesday, February 26, 2014

One Day at a Time

Well, after all the talk of Bipolar II by the doctor in outpatient, my doctor really doesn't agree.  She really feels that a lot of my highs and lows are more caused by anxiety.  She said that we will keep an eye on that just in case, but right now, she's not re-diagnosing me.  

While it was reassuring at the time that I could have Bipolar II (because at the time I thought it was that I wasn't on the right medication), it is more reassuring that I most likely don't have it because the prognosis long-term is much better with anxiety than Bipolar II.  I have depression at times, but it is often times caused because of my severe anxiety. 

We'll see what happens long-term, but for now, I'm doing pretty well.  I have many coping strategies that I've learned, I am going to counseling pretty often as well as going to Celebrate Recovery, and I'm on some medications that really help (she is slowly weaning me off of a few that she believes aren't necessary).

Celebrate Recovery has already really been very good for me, and I just began the process.  It is very intense, but that is good.  I am going to dig deep to see why I have the cycles that I have, and why I'm so anxious (on top of mental illness).  I have only completed one part on denial... and it was really good.

I have hope that things will continue to get better.

One day at a time. :-)

No comments: