Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Diagnosis- Moving Forward!

Yesterday, I finally received a diagnosis.  Now, I can be medicated correctly!  This is huge in my eyes.  We have spent so much time focusing on just taking care of the symptoms that we haven't reached down into the "why" of the symptoms.

I have what's called Bipolar II.  This means I have extreme ups and downs, but they aren't necessarily as extreme as Bipolar I. 

In simple terms, I have periods of "hypomania" in which I am compulsive; I fly from one idea to the next, suddenly; I have increased energy and hyperactivity... which describes me to a "T."  Then, I have depression.  It goes up and down, back and forth.  It has been what has caused my extreme balance issues!  Makes total sense.
I also have generalized anxiety disorder, which describes my anxiety symptoms.

I'm taking meds for both... as well as using coping strategies such as relaxation techniques, yoga, oils, positive affirmations, refuting negative thoughts, and many more.

I'm on my way to feeling better!

I'm also working through the grief of my brother, and I've come to terms with the fact that it looks differently than I thought it would... and that's okay. 

One day at a time :-).  I'm SOOOOOO thankful for the time I spent inpatient, as well as my time in outpatient.

Not only am I happy with all that has happened because of it, I have made some amazing, life-long friends who "get it."

What a blessing.

God's timing is perfect!

No comments: