Friday, February 20, 2009

My Favorite Granola

I have tried MANY different granola recipes, and I have finally found my favorite. I found it on http://cookhealthyfun.blogspot.com/. I, of course, have adapted it a bit :). It is a very simple granola; that's why I like it.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Into a large casserole dish, mix:

5 cups rolled oats
1 cup unsweetened coconut
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raw slivered almonds
1/4 cup flax seeds

Roast in oven for 20 minutes (or until coconut is browned)

Melt:
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup molasses or maple

Once this is melted, remove from heat and add 3 teaspoons vanilla

Mix sauce into oats mixture. Turn the oven down to 300, and bake for another 20 or so minutes (until crispy/crunchy). You will need to stir it every once in a while.

No comments: