I will use the bread machine to make this, so all I have to do is put the ingredients in the machine, in this order:
- ¾ cup lukewarm water
- 1 tsbp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 2 cups hard white wheat flour
- After the dough is completed in the machine, roll out into a circle and place on a pizza stone or pan. Let it rise while making the topping.
- Spread topping
- Bake for 20-25 minutes on 425 degrees.
If not using a bread machine, follow these steps (found in The Beginner’s Cookbook):
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together the flour, yeast, and salt
2. Pour in 1 tablespoon of the oil and all the warm water. Mix well with a wooden spoon or your hands until you have a soft dough. If you are using whole wheat flour, you may need a little more water.
3. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured counter and knead for 8-10 minutes until very smooth and elastic.
4. Grease a cookie sheet with oil. Gently roll out the dough into a round about 12 inches in diameter and place in on the cookie sheet. Let rise while you are making the topping.
5. Spread topping on dough.
6. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Leave for 10-15 minutes more until the edges of the pizza are beginning to rise.
7. Bake in the center of the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Serve immediately.