Thursday, February 5, 2009

Philippians 4:6-7

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made knowng to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:6-7

It's funny. I had this verse memorized about 6 years ago, and it's just now becoming ingrained in my heart. We had a friend live with us a few summers ago, and he couldn't understand why I was so anxious. He told me that it was simple: tell God about what I'm worried about, be thankful that he is going to take care of it, and leave it at His feet. I thought he was making it too simple, and that it wasn't that easy! But, it IS simple. I make it too complicated when I try to take it and control it. Why do we do that? Why do we make things so much more complicated by trying to take control? It's silly because we are human, and he is GOD. He knows so much better what we need, and how to go about getting it. I'm so thankful that at times when it's really hard to let go of control, He knows that, and He takes control anyway :). If He didn't, I wouldn't be where I am today. It's hard at the time, but I'm so thankful that He's sovereign!!!

So, all this to say, that simplicity is key in a lot of things. Especially when it comes to letting go of control!! It's simple: Tell God about it, be thankful that He's going to take care of it, and LEAVE it at HIS feet. Really. Just leave it. Don't pick it up. If you do, leave it again, and again if you have to. He's God; He knows that we are human and it's a difficult thing to do. But do it anyway!

No comments: